This page contains a list of latest news about Sos Trailer which has been collected from credible news resources: CNN, Forbes, Bloomberg, TIME Magazine, FoxNews, BBC, New York Times, CBS, Sky News, Reuters, World Magazine, etc.
Apart from News, you can also use the tabs to browse Sos Trailer images, videos, wiki information, tweets, documents and weblinks.
Sos Trailer News
Sos Trailer Images
Music video by Rihanna performing Take A Bow. YouTube view counts pre-VEVO: 66288884. (C) 2008 The Island Def Jam Music Group.
WATCH BLOOPERS & MORE: http://bit.ly/ZELDAxtras DOWNLOAD THE SONG: http://smo.sh/13NrBp8 DOWNLOAD UNCENSORED SONG: http://smo.sh/WMYpsf GET LEGEND OF SMOSH T...
BLOOPERS: http://bit.ly/FiretruckBloopers GET THE SONG: http://smo.sh/WMZv7l MILKSHAKE MUSIC VIDEO: http://bit.ly/MilkyMilkshake CHECK OUT THIS FIRETRUCK TEE...
Jimmy Kimmel Live - Celebrities Read Mean Tweets #2 Jimmy Kimmel Live's YouTube channel features clips and recaps of every episode from the late night TV sho...
Watch Season 1 of Mortal Kombat Legacy here: http://www.youtube.com/channel/SWVkIoQKmEa4I The Mortal Kombat Legacy continues in Season 2 as Liu Kang, Kung La...
So i was pretty hesitant to make this video... but after all of your request, here is my Draw My Life video! Check out my 2nd Channel for more vlogs: http://...
Music video by Adele performing Rolling In The Deep. (C) 2010 XL Recordings Ltd. #VEVOCertified on July 25, 2011. http://www.vevo.com/certified http://www.yo...
Music video by Avril Lavigne performing When You're Gone. YouTube view counts pre-VEVO: 696566 (C) 2007 RCA/JIVE Label Group, a unit of Sony Music Entertain...
"Just One Last Time" feat. Taped Rai. Available to download on iTunes including remixes of : Tiësto, HARD ROCK SOFA & Deniz Koyu http://smarturl.it/DGJustOne...
YOLO is available on iTunes now! http://smarturl.it/lonelyIslandYolo New album coming soon... Check out the awesome band the music in YOLO is sampled from Th...
Don't be these people. Mapoti See Bloopers and Behind-The-Scenes Here!: http://youtu.be/dfpo7uXwJnM Huge thank you and shout out to Dtrix: http://www.youtube...
|Son of Sardaar|
Theatrical release poster
|Directed by||Ashwni Dhir|
|Produced by||Ajay Devgan
|Screenplay by||Robin Bhatt
|Based on||Maryada Ramanna
by S. S. Rajamouli
Vindu Dara Singh
|Music by||Himesh Reshammiya|
|Studio||Ajay Devgan Ffilms
YRV Infra Media
|Distributed by||Viacom 18 Motion Pictures
|Running time||140 minutes|
|Budget||30 crore (US$5.5 million)|
|Box office||138 crore (US$25 million)
Son of Sardaar, also known by the abbreviated form SOS, is a 2012 Bollywood action comedy film directed by Ashwni Dhir. The film features Ajay Devgan, Juhi Chawla, Sanjay Dutt and Sonakshi Sinha in lead roles. Salman Khan also appears in a cameo role, and a song sequence. The film released on 13 November 2012. Whilst having competition with the Yash Raj film Jab Tak Hai Jaan, Son of Sardaar managed to do excellent business at the box office worldwide. Box Office India rated Son of Sardaar as Hit in India, and an Average grosser in the Overseas Markets. It went on to gross 138 crore (US$25 million) worldwide.
The story revolves around two families, whose leaders had killed each other many years ago. Two sons from the family left, Jaswinder Randhawa and Balwinder Singh are sworn enemies. Jaswinder has hidden in London, whereas Balwinder is waiting for his return in Punjab so he can take revenge for the death of his father. Now in modern day, Jassi Randhawa (Ajay Devgan) is an unemployed good-for-nothing who receives a letter from the Punjab Government concerning about buying his property in Punjab. To finalize and sell the property, Jassi leaves for Punjab. On the train, he meets & falls in love with Sukhmit (Sonakshi Sinha), who leaves at her station. In Punjab, Jassi accidentally hurts Billu (Sanjay Dutt), and seeing he is new to the area, Billu invites Jassi to his home, where he treats Jassi like a God. There, Jassi realizes that Billu is Sukhmit's brother. Soon enough, it turns out that Billu is actually Balwinder Singh, and realizes that Jassi is short for Jaswinder. However, Billu's family has one rule, a guest in the house should never be disturbed. Now, Billu must wait for Jassi to leave the house in order to kill him, but Jassi finds out, and comes up with a hilarious plan to foil Billu's shenanigans.
- Ajay Devgan as Jaswinder Randhawa (Jassi)
- Sanjay Dutt as Balwinder Singh Sandhu (Billu)
- Juhi Chawla as Pammi
- Sonakshi Sinha as Sukhmit (Sukh)
- Salman Khan as Pathan (extended appearance)
- Puneet Issar as Inspector Sardar
- Mukul Dev as Tony
- Vindu Dara Singh as Titu
- Tanuja as Bebe
- Arjan Bajwa as Bobby
- Sanjai Mishra as Club Owner in London
Son of Sardaar is a remake of Telegu comedy thriller film Maryada Ramanna directed by S. S. Rajamouli starring Sunil and Saloni Aswani in lead roles. In an interview, director Ashwni Dhir replied that it was only the plot that was remade, the rest was changed.
Maryada Ramanna is said to be the Telugu adaptation of the 1923 American silent movie Our Hospitality starring Buster Keaton and Natalie Talmadge. Kannada movie Balagalittu Olage Ba starring S. Narayan and released in 2002 is the very first remake of this silent classic. Maryada Ramanna itself has been remade in Kannada as Maryade Ramanna starring Komal Kumar and Nisha Shah, and in Bengali as Faande Poriya Boga Kaande Re starring Soham Chakraborty and Srabanti Chatterjee.   In fact each and every antics in Son of Sardaar is prominently depicted in the Bengali remake.
The Punjabi Cultural Heritage Board raised some disagreements due to some objection regarding certain scenes and dialogues of the film. The producer and lead actor Ajay Devgn understood the objections and edited the scenes of the film. "The creativity of the film has not been affected in any way. Every film is rectified, sometimes it's made even better," said Devgn during press conference. "The objectionable things were very small. The writer and director of the film is Punjabi and we took care of things. Even the guy who tied my turban was from Punjab", he added.
Son of Sardaar actors Ajay Devgn, Sanjay Dutt and Sonakshi Sinha promoted the film on the sets of Big Boss, hosted by Salman Khan in October 2012. Ajay and Sonakshi also promoted the film at Indian Grand Prix, Buddh International Circuit on October 28, 2012.
The main theatrical trailer of nearly 2:23 minutes featuring the film's title was released on July 19, 2012 through Viacom 18 Motion Pictures' official YouTube channel. It received 3 million views till November 2012. The marketing of the film also involved public appearances by Ajay and Sonakshi in a Kaun Banega Crorepati episode, with prize money going to Salman Khan's charity Being Human, which was aired on November 18, 2012 on Sony TV. Ajay Devgn and Sonakshi Sinha were celebrity guests to promote their movie Son of Sardaar in Diwali special episode of 'Hero Sa Re Ga Ma Pa 2012' on 10 November 2012 at 9 PM. The creators of the Son of Sardaar have released a set of images with Ajay Devgn's character Jassi posing at several well known landmarks around the world-Niagara falls to Big Ben in London to the tallest building in the world - the Burj Khalifa in Dubai,and Sydney opera house. Special screening of Son of Sardaar was organised in Mumbai on November 9, 2012. Ajay Devgn and Sonakshi Sinha promoted the film in Patna. A special screening of 'Son of Sardaar' was done for members of Indian cricket team.
||This article's Criticism or Controversy section may compromise the article's neutral point of view of the subject. (February 2013)|
Two weeks before Diwali, Ajay Devgn sent an intimation notice to Yash Raj Films through their lawyer at the Competition Commission of India. The notice accused Yash Raj Films of monopolistic business practices and stated that they used "their dominant position in the Bollywood film market" to secure many high quality single-screens for their release Jab Tak Hai Jaan. Yash Raj Films responded by saying that they were shocked and questioned Devgn's motives. The studio also dismissed Devgn's claim that high quality single-screens were unavailable by pointing out that they had only booked 1,500 single-screens for Jab Tak Hai Jaan out of the 10,500 available in India. The studio added that Ajay could have changed the release of his film as Yash Chopra announced on June 27, 2011 Jab Tak Hai Jaan would come out on Diwali 2012. Ajay announced the date of Son of Sardaar on May 29, 2012 and finalized distribution deals on October 4, 2012. He had a year to avoid a simultaneous release. Lastly, Yash Raj Films stated it was unfair to say they were in a dominant position. The studio only released a handful of films in 2012 while the makers of Son of Sardaar, Viacom 18 and Eros International, released dozens the same year.
After the statement made by Yash Raj Films, Ajay Devgn responded by saying he only managed to book 600 single-screens for Son of Sardaar and would take legal action if not allotted more. He also denied having anything against Shahrukh Khan and said that distributors cannot be allowed to enter into an arrangement which adversely affects competition. Yash Raj Films entered into a tie-in arrangement with exhibitors that made it compulsory for them to show an untitled Yash Chopra film on Diwali and keep it in cinemas for at least two weeks thereafter. Devgn claimed that this violated provisions of the 2002 Indian Competition Act. Senior film critic Vinod Mirani said that YRF's move of blocking single screens may not help much. “Single screens watchers will have more affinity towards an action film such as SOS. Moreover, JTHJ's length and the fact that music has still not picked up, will not go down well with the movie goers."  The Competition Commission dismissed the case against Yash Raj Films on 6 November 2012. Ajay Devgn has appealed to Competition Appellate Tribunal after rejection of petition against Yash Raj Films. The Competition Appellate tribunal bench headed by chairman Justice V. S. Sirpurkar refused Ajay's stay against Jab Tak Hai Jaan but stated that the case against Yash Raj Films will be reviewed again. Both films will release on November 13, 2012.
Critical reception 
Son of Sardaar received mixed to negative reviews. Taran Adarsh of Bollywood Hungama gave Son of Sardaar a score of 4 out of 5 stars and said "Son of Sardaar is for lovers of hardcore masala movies. "If you liked Wanted, Dabangg and Rowdy Rathore, chances are you will relish Son of Sardaar as well. The North Indian audiences in particular and those residing abroad will be simply delighted by this chatpata, masaledaar fare." Gayatri Sankar of Zee News gave it 3 out of 5 stars whule commenting "Certain portions are a bit of a drag, but the comic sequences will make up for the monotony. The cast has put up a good show. Overall, SOS is worth a watch, a complete family entertainer. Rediff gave 2 out of 5 and stated Son of Sardaar has a lot for the masses but it lacks a good story. Filmfare gave 2 out of 5 stars and stated "Comedy is more than just gags and slapstick. Sadly SOS gets it wrong". Rajeev Masand of CNN-IBN gave 2 out of 5 stars and stated Son of Sardaar "is only sporadically entertaining, and peddles the same tired stereotypes of Punjab and Sikhs. A cameo by Salman Khan, sadly, doesn’t make up for the film’s many flaws." Hindustan Times gave the film 2 out of 5 stars, describing it as "exhausting, painfully loud and way too long, with too few laughs", while the Telegraph stated that it was "run-of-the-mill", but that it could be a "guilty pleasure" for some viewers. Like the Hindustan Times, IBNLive gave the movie 2 out of 5, with a slightly lower grade coming from Saibal Chatterjee of NDTV, who rated the film 1.5 out 5, stated that it was "A tangled mess that has no way of working its way around the sloppy screenplay". The Hindu stated that there’s nothing more torturous than watching an unfunny film that’s trying so hard to be funny.
India box office 
Son of Sardaar had a very good opening of around 70% on average at multiplexes, especially in North India. The single screens opening was also similar. Its earned around 8.50 crore (US$1.6 million) on its opening day. It shows very good growth of 70% with a collection of around 14 crore (US$2.6 million) nett on its second day. It netted 34 crore (US$6.2 million) nett in its first three day weekend. Son of Sardaar nett. grossed 51 crore (US$9.3 million) in first 5 days of release. The film held up well with a collection of 57.94 crore (US$11 million) in its extended week of 6 days. The movie brought its first-week total to 62 crore (US$11 million) nett. After its first week,the film continued its successful run and collected 69.65 crore (US$13 million) nett in ten days. Son of Sardaar has netted a total of 80 crore (US$15 million) after its second weekend. Son of Sardaar dropped in week two collecting around 15.16 crore (US$2.8 million) nett. The film netted a total of 88.50 crore (US$16 million) in four weeks. Son of Sardaar has distributor share of 49-50 crore.
Overseas box office 
|Son of Sardaar|
|Soundtrack album to Son of Sardaar by Himesh Reshammiya|
|Released||October 1, 2012|
|Himesh Reshammiya chronology|
The music of the film was composed by Himesh Reshammiya while the lyrics were penned by Sameer, Shabbir Ahmed, Irshad Kamil & Manoj Yadav. Only one song, "Yeh Jo Halki Halki Khumariya", composed by Sajid-Wajid was also included in the album.
Track listing 
|1.||"Son of Sardaar"||Aman Trikha, Himesh Reshammiya||05:23|
|2.||"Rani Tu Mein Raja"||Mika Singh, Bhanvya Pandit, Yo Yo Honey Singh||05:28|
|3.||"Po Po"||Vikas Bhalla, Aman Trikha, Himesh Reshammiya||04:32|
|4.||"Tu Kamaal Di Kudi"||Vineet Singh, Mamta Sharma||05:16|
|5.||"Bichdann"||Rahat Fateh Ali Khan||05:21|
|6.||"Yeh Jo Halki Halki Khumariya"||Rahat Fateh Ali Khan||03:53|
|7.||"Kabhi Kabhi Mere Dil Mein Ye Sawaal Aata Hai (Funk)"||Ajay Devgn||01:06|
|8.||"Son of Sardaar (Remix)"||Aman Trikha, Himesh Reshammiya||03:31|
|9.||"Rani Tu Mein Raja (Remix)"||Aman Trikha, Himesh Reshammiya||02:15|
|10.||"Kabhi Kabhi Mere Dil Mein Ye Sawaal (Trance)"||Ajay Devgn||02:15|
|11.||"Bichdann (Reprise)"||Rahat Fateh Ali Khan||02:15|
Soundtrack reception 
|Mohit Kapur (Koimoi)|
|Joginder Tuteja (Bollywood Hungama)|
The album received mixed to positive reviews. Joginder Tuteja of Bollywood Hungama gave the album 3.5 out of 5 stars and stated that "Son of Sardaar lives up to its promise of a high-on-energy soundtrack with not many dull moments in its 50-odd minutes duration. " Koimoi gave it 3 out of 5 stars and said, "Overall this album is more than a decent affair where Punjabi ‘tadka’ makes it reasonably happening. While the tracks Son of Sardaar and Bichdann will certainly do well, Kabhi Kabhi Mere Dil Mein and Rani Tu Mein Raja also carry potential to make their presence felt." IBNLive gave it 3 out of 5 stars and said, "The album is woven around the theme of the film and manages to justify it well, although the sound gets a bit monotonous at times."
See also 
- "SON OF SARDAAR (12A)". British Board of Film Classification. Retrieved 10 May 2013.
- "Ajay Devgn sends legal notice to YRF". 2012-11-01. Retrieved 2012-11-18.
- "Top Ten Worldwide Grossers 2012". Boxofficeindia. Retrieved 17 January 2013.
- "Son of Sardaar not an over the top comedy: Ashwni Dhir". Movies.ndtv.com. 2012-11-01. Retrieved 2012-11-06.
- "Ajay Devgn to partner on a 3-D horror flick". 4 June 2012.[dead link]
- "Ajay Devgn takes on Shah Rukh Khan!". Daily News and Aanlysis. January 23, 2012. Retrieved January 24, 2012.
- "Jab Tak Hai Jaan SUPER HIT Son of Sardaar HIT". boxofficeindia. Retrieved 24 November 2012.
- "Jab Tak Hai Jaan BLOCKBUSTER Son of Sardaar AVERAGE". Boxofficeindia. Retrieved 28 November 2012.
- "Son of Sardaar: Return of Juhi Chawla as a consummate performer - Yahoo! OMG! India". In.omg.yahoo.com. 2012-11-26. Retrieved 2013-01-26.
- "Salman to shoot 'Son of Sardaar' item song by July-end". times of India. 11 July 2012. Retrieved 11 July 2012.
- "Time to workout". Indian Express. 2012-08-17. Retrieved 2012-11-06.
- Another review
- Yet another review
- Jab Tak Hai Jaan: A mismatch for 'Son of Sardaar'?-Movies News News - IBNLive Mobile
- Prashant Singh, Robin Bansal and Minakshi Saini (November 1, 2012). "Ajay Devgn sends legal notice to YRF". Hindustan Times. Retrieved November 1, 2012.
- Editing of Son of Sardaar ( SOS )
- "Salman Khan takes on SRK again, promotes Son of Sardaar on Bigg Boss 6 set : Bollywood, News - India Today". Indiatoday.intoday.in. 2012-10-21. Retrieved 2012-11-06.
- "In the clash of titans, Salman chooses Son of Sardaar over Jab Tak Hai Jaan : Bollywood, News - India Today". Indiatoday.intoday.in. 2012-10-26. Retrieved 2012-11-06.
- "Bollywood, sporting stars add to Formula One glamour at Indian GP : Sports, News - India Today". Indiatoday.intoday.in. 2012-10-28. Retrieved 2012-11-06.
- Koimoi.com Team. "Son of Sardaar Team At Formula One Indian Grand Prix". Koimoi.com. Retrieved 2012-11-06.
- "Ajay Devgan, Sonakshi Sinha in KBC 6 for Salman Khan's Being Human". Newstrack India. October 28, 2012. Retrieved October 28, 2012.
- Kaun Banega Crorepati: Ajay, Sonakshi on hot seat - Times Of India
- "Sonakshi, Ajay play KBC for Being Human". Times of India. October 28, 2012. Retrieved October 28, 2012.
- "Sonakshi Sinha, Ajay Devgn play KBC for Being Human". Zee News. October 28, 2012. Retrieved October 28, 2012.
- "'BC: Ajay Devgn, Sonakshi Sinha play for Salman Khan's 'Being Humen'". IBNLive. October 28, 2012. Retrieved October 28, 2012.
- Shruti Srivastava (November 6, 2012). "Ajay, Sonakshi on the set of Sa Re Ga Ma Pa 2012". TheTimesofIndia. Retrieved November 6, 2012.
- "'Son of Sardaar' goes global". TimesofIndia. November 7, 2012. Retrieved November 7, 2012.
- Sonakshi Sinha with mother Poonam during the screening of 'Son of Sardaar', held in Mumbai
- Ajay Devgn, Sonakshi Sinha vow Patnaites - Times Of India
- Celebs at the screening of 'Son of Sardaar' - On-Spot: Special screening of 'Son of Sardaar'
- Komal Nahta (November 14, 2012). "Jab Tak Hai Jaan vs Son of Sardaar – Screen Count". Koimoi.com. Retrieved November 14, 2012.
- taran adarsh tweets: Xclusive: #SonOfSardaar will open in 350 screens in Overseas. Will open in all key markets on 13th November, simultaneously with India. - Nov 06 -26575600...
- "Son of Sardaar to get 300 more screens - bollywood news". glamsham.com. 2012-11-22. Retrieved 2013-01-26.
- "Son of Sardaar to get 300 more screens - Yahoo! OMG! India". In.omg.yahoo.com. 2012-11-22. Retrieved 2013-01-26.
- "Ajay Devgn sends legal notice to YRF". Times of India. October 31, 2012. Retrieved October 31, 2012.
- "For those asking, YRF confirms that this is indeed their *official statement* on Ajay's court notice on SOS v/s JTHJ". @Tutejajoginder via Twitter. November 1, 2012. Retrieved November 1, 2012.
- "TwitLonger — When you talk too much for Twitter". Twitlonger.com. 2012-11-02. Retrieved 2012-11-06.
- 'Jab Tak Hai Jaan' will release in 3,000 cinemas across India. http://www.business-standard.com/india/news/yrfs-jab-tak-hai-jaan-set-to-openclose-to-3000-screens-in-india/492016/
- CCI rejects Devgn’s allegation of YRF abusing dominant position - Indian Express Mobile
- Shruti Srivastava (November 5, 2012). "Ajay Devgn appeals to tribunal after rejection of petition against Yash Raj Films". NDTV. Retrieved November 6, 2012.
- Gitanjali Roy (November 8, 2012). "Ajay Devgn, Yash Raj Films both claim victory after tribunal's decision". NDTV. Retrieved November 8, 2012.
- "Competition Appellate Tribunal issues notice on Devgn's plea". TheTimesofIndia. November 9, 2012. Retrieved November 9, 2012.
- Adarsh, Taran. "Taran Adarsh review". bollywoodhungama. Retrieved 12 Nov 2012.
- Sankar, Gayatri. "Gayatri Sankar review". zeenews. Retrieved 14 November 2012.
- Review: Son of Sardaar is an opportunity wasted - Rediff.com Movies
- Review: Son of Sardaar is not so funny
- Singh song | Rajeev Masand – movies that matter : from bollywood, hollywood and everywhere else
- Son of Sardaar review by Anupama Chopra - Hindustan Times
- Son of Sardaar
- 'Son of Sardaar' Review: The film peddles the same, tired stereotypes of Sikhs- Bollywood- IBNLive
- Chatterjee, Saibal. "Saibal Chatterjee review". ndtv. Retrieved 12 November 2012.
- The Hindu : Arts / Cinema : Son of Sardaar: Call this humour?
- "Son of Sardaar Good Opening Excellent In North". Retrieved 13 November 2012.
- "Son of Sardaar First Day Business". boxofficeindia. Retrieved 14 November 2012.
- "Son of Sardaar Day Two Figures". boxofficeindia. Retrieved 15 November 2012.
- "Son of Sardaar Three Day Territorial Breakdown". boxofficeindia. Retrieved 16 November 2012.
- "Jab Tak Hai Jaan and Son of Sardaar Five Day Business". Retrieved 18 November 2012.
- "Son of Sardaar Extended Weekend Territorial Breakdown". boxofficeindia. Retrieved 19 November 2012.
- "Top All Time Opening Weeks: JAB TAK HAI JAAN 6th Son of Sardaar 13th". boxofficeindia. Retrieved 20 November 2012.
- "Son of Sardaar ten days Territorial Breakdown". boxofficeindia. Retrieved 26 November 2012.
- "Son of Sardaar Second Weekend Business". boxofficeindia. Retrieved 26 November 2012.
- "Son of Sardaar Week Two Territorial Breakdown". boxofficeindia. Retrieved 3 December 2012.
- "Cigarette Ki Tarah And Myoho Very Dull Khiladi 786 Has Average First Week". Box Office India. 15 November 2012. Retrieved 15 December 2012.
- "All INDIA Distributor Shares 2012: Diwali Releases Combined Equal Ek Tha Tiger". Box Office India. Retrieved 29 November 2012.
- "Jab Tak Hai Jaan Excellent Son of Sardaar Reasonable". boxofficeindia. Retrieved 21 November 2012.
- "Himesh replaces Sajid-Wajid in Son of Sardaar". Screen India. March 16, 2012. Retrieved March 17, 2012.
- "Son of Sardaar Music Review". Retrieved October 3, 2012.
- "Son of Sardaar -music review". koimoi.com. Retrieved October 4, 2012.
- "'Son of Sardaar' Music Review: The album manages to justify the film's theme". IBNlive.com. Retrieved October 14, 2012.